December 16, 2011

Out of my comfort zone...

 Ever since I was in primary school and watched legally blond ( i know, dont judge) I wanted to do law and be a 'cool' lawyer. At that time I didnt really know much about the profession other than what I saw on TV but it was a motivating factor that made me study harder and aim higher.
Now I know more about it and I am still interested despite knowing about the negative side of it as well like the stress factor. So, next week I will be starting a job shadowing/intern kind of thing for 2 weeks till the end of the year(30th December) at a law firm (Haridass Ho and partners) and I am nervous about it. I really do not know what to expect and its rather nerve wrecking to go to such an environment alone and get to know people that I have never met before and probably have nothing much in common with. I hate social awkwardness and I am so afraid that I will stick out like a sore thumb and get in the way of things. I should be excited about it since Its an opportunity that doesn't come often but the nervousness is definitely in the way of that. I guess I just have to go in with an open mind and just observe the inner workings of the firm and learn as much as possible about the life of a lawyer. I really do not know if my A level results are good enough for UQ law which is where I wanna go to for UNI but fingers crossed and I remain hopeful about it. Besides its a bit too early to start worrying about results yet. I'll start worrying about it and obsessing about it when it gets nearer to March! Anyway, its not even the new year yet so I have plenty of time.I really want the rest of the year to pass by quickly and I have a good feeling that 2012 will be a year of self discovery and growth. 2011 being the A level year was tough but enjoyable at the same time and I will have good memories from this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

no profanities and anything abusive in nature pls.
be positive and be polite