December 22, 2011

Ways to pass time ...

Honestly, Its getting really mundane and boring. Its just like going to school everyday but even sadder actually and even the bits of excitement here and there cannot compensate for the overriding feeling of boredom I am facing right now. So, i have been forced to find ways to entertain myself when i am free which is a long period of time with just a computer right in front of me.

1) read fashion blogs
personal fave because i like to shop and I like to read about new trends and it gives me something to do at least ;)
2)read food blogs with loads of delicious recipes to try over the weekend and omg the mouthwatering food images!
However, the thing is that if I haven't had lunch or breakfast depeding on what time, I get super hungry and irritable for some reason cause it reminds me of what I could be doing instead with my Post-A's life.
3) read the case files or anything lying around actually! very interesting !
Furthermore, there is a lot of new stuff I don't know that I can search online which at least makes my time productive and fruitful.
4)call a friend
Even if its just a short chat, you will feel so much better from some form of social contact outside the office. Even better if you set up lunch dates with people everyday then at least the first half of the day you will have something to look forward to;)
5)watch all the episode of southpark..
Ok.. this is abit tricky cuz you can only do this when people aren't walking about and can see your screen.
Usually towards the end of the day when I have to wait out an hour or two and people are busy at their places trying to finish up work for the day and tie up loose ends. I only do this when I am totally free with nothing else and don't feel like reading anything anymore for the rest of the day

Yupp my strategy to get thru the dull portions of the day for now. Oh, and I have had NO energy at all to go for a run after a full day of work honestly! I need to run everyday of the christmas long weekend to catch up and get back into weight loss mode. How do people manage to still exercise after work...I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. I think I am going to take a month off in jan from finding work and working and just relax and work on weight loss full time. Maybe even dedicate time to reading leisurely and learning to make savoury pies and quiches. I think its a good plan ;) I feel like maybe i shouldnt have started this internship so early after As and instead later on next yr but its too late to think about that now right? oh well, at least I learnt stuff in these few days and definitely experienced new things that otherwise I would not be able to experience. Another plus to this is that my weird post-A level sleep cycle is back to normal and regular everyday and I can actually fall asleep before 1. I havent been able to do this in months! However, I have a bad feeling that after I leave this place, I will go back to my super screwed up sleeping patterns because I mean if you dont do anything and just rot at home = not tired = late night utube video watching n free to wake up at wadever time i please ;) The ultimate slacker lifestyle that has been well-earned after months of slogging away for As. I can't wait ;) but confirm will get bored out of my mind after Jan so yupp then i'll go look for an easy job ...

2 comments:

  1. hey ruby! Divya here.If you really want to lose wait, I think you should try yoga. I do it and its really refreshing and burns off excess fat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey div! i tried yoga in sec 4/J1 and it helps to tone really well and is very relaxing but it didnt rlly help me lose weight. I guess I may start doing them again on off-days which i dont run.

    ReplyDelete

no profanities and anything abusive in nature pls.
be positive and be polite